Search engine optimization (SEO) is still one of the best ways that you can drive traffic to your website. When building a campaign, there are 7 principles that you can follow to ensure that your site gets the targeted traffic you need.
The first aspect you should focus on when optimizing your website is your content. You have probably heard that content is king when it comes to adding value to your website — that philosophy is still true today. According to this article, “it is important to ensure that the website has content that is relevant to the visitors and the search engines. You need to optimize the content in order to ensure that the search engine recognizes it and puts it up as a search engine result. If you optimize the content and the structure of the website, you will notice a growth in the sales of your business.”
To make sure that your content adds value to a visitor who lands on your site, try incorporating these factors into your content building strategy.
– Create some authority pieces that have 2000 to 2500 words
– Split your content into sections that make it easier for your readers to find what they are searching for
– Place high-quality images as primary photos, and be sure to optimize those images to load fast
– Use a healthy amount of keywords without stuffing them all over the place
– Create instructional and helpful content that solves your readers’ problems
– Write naturally for humans — not search engines
A visitor to your website should be able to easily consume your content on all types of devices such as smartphones, laptops, home PCs, and tablets. To ensure this, use a responsive design that has this capability built right into the code.
This article explains that this is one of the key factors that Google uses to rank websites and dramatically increases your chances for a higher ranking.
Also, make sure that your website loads fast. You can use a CDN to cut the time that it takes your site to pop up on the web.
One of the key goals of Google is to send visitors to websites that create a great user experience. Also, according to this website, Google wants to provide people with the best results for their query. The best result does not only mean the best answer, but it also means the best experience. Your site must be easy to navigate so that your content can be found without having to search every nothing cranny of your site. A few tips to make this work include the following:
– Using breadcrumbs for navigation
– Implementing a fast search option at the top of the site
– Have a good flow of high-quality images spread throughout your text
– Create an easy to use menu
– Categorize your content by using categories or tags
Another factor in Google’s algorithm includes site engagement. The search engine factors in the amount of time that a visitor stays on your website. To help create interesting content that is enticing to a visitor, it helps to have a mix of podcasts or videos on your site as well.
By having more than just words available to consume, it should help increase the average page time that a visitor stays on your site.
Creating relevant outbound links is another critical aspect to consider for your website. You don’t have to worry about using “do follow or no follow” principles when building these links — just make sure they are relevant to your content and provide value.
This article reinforces, it’s always good to incorporate about two or three of these type of outbound links within every article that you write.
Google uses Latent-Semantic Indexing when it scans your website. This allows it to recognize different keywords that mean the same thing. For example, if your website is about “making money online,” you can also use the keyword phrases “earning passive income on the web” or “generating affiliate money on the internet.”
Google uses technology to know that these are similar phrases that are associated with the same subject. This allows your content to sound natural and not be full of the same keyword phrases over and over.
Quality is more important than quantity when you are working on inbound link campaigns, and you only want to stick with white hat techniques such as becoming a guest blogger or commenting on other blogs and in public forums. If you maintain a steady blog with valuable content, other websites will start to link out to your content.
You can also get quality links by doing the following:
– Creating valuable resources that are free
– Use infographics with data relating to your industry
– By monitoring the backlinks of your competitors and find ways to get those links as well
– Interview top influencers in your industry and post the podcast or video to your website
– Repurpose some of your old content and make it epic by including case studies, Slideshares, Powerpoint or a video tutorial
– creating useful data tables and charts
The process of SEO does take a fair amount of time to implement and mature, but when it’s done by following these seven principles, you’ll reap the rewards of having more visitors come to your site who are searching for the products and services that you have for sale.
Here are three great articles to keep you going! We know you’ll find some great information that will assist you and your company!